Vocal Performance - For ages 11-18. One, 1 hour class a week.
Monthly tuition of $45
Taught by Sheree Ross-Lerman
This class is the perfect blend of a group voice lesson, choir and performance training!
- It focuses on helping students to find confidence in their voice and be able to feel comfortable performing.
- It will teach healthy singing habits, basic vocal techniques, projections, diction, supported breath/air flow, microphone techniques and much more!
- This class is great for those in drama classes who would like to be able to help their singing voice and abilities for the musical.
- It can also help students to get ready and prepare for future auditions.
- This class is scheduled to be between the two drama classes for convenience; its easy to just stay later for the class or come earlier before your drama class!
Beginners Band Class - For 5th graders-adult. $45 monthly tuition.
Taught by Frank Petrik, Band Director at Sherwood High School
No experience required. 2 years or less experience in a band class.
Learn to read music and play wind and percussion instruments in a group setting.
It is our hope to fill a gap in the community for those that have lost their music programs in public schools (or diminished greatly!), or for those who are looking for another musical outlet!
Advanced Band - For 8th graders -adult. $45 monthly tuition.
Taught by Frank Petrik, Band Director fo Sherwood High School.
2 yrs or more experience in a band class.
This advanced band ensemble will get to play fun jazz, pop and classical music, as well as have an opportunity to perform in the Academy's spring musical in the orchestra!
Kindermusik "Family Time" - For ages newborn and up (include the whole family!)
One, 45 minute class, once a week. $50 for a family of 1 child. $5 for each additional child. New students require a one-time registration fee of $15. Tuitions must be made payable to Music Time and More for this class, not the Academy.
This class is provided by and taught by Michelle Kurns, Music Director of the Academy and owner of Music Time and More.
Home Materials include: a family Activity Guide, hand and finger puppets, two CD's of music from class, two instruments and two literature books. Learning continues at home. With the home materials, the learning continues at home with your child's best teacher -- YOU!
What you'll experience in class:
- Singing. From the first "hello" to the last "good bye", exploring a variety of musical styles and genres leads children to find their own voice. Plus, singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Assorted Movement. Whether moving as a family, as a class, or as individuals, Family Time movement activities enhance coordination skills, create opportunities for imitation and exploration, and give everyone something to smile, rock, bounce, or dance about.
- Story Time. Reading aloud to children stimulates their curiosity, expands their knowledge, and broadens their understanding of language.
- Family Jam. Children and adults will love selecting a unique instrument and joining in one big class jam session each week.
- Musical Concepts. Fun engaging activities bring out the musicality in everyone, from teh youngest member of the family to the oldest. Together you'll learn more about each other.
Kindermusik "ABC Music & Me" - For ages 2-6. One, 30 minute class, once a week. $50 month
Includes materials for class and take home materials to keep. New students require a one-time registration fee of $15. Tuitions must be made payable to Music Time and More for this class, not the Academy.
This class is provided by and taught by Michelle Kurns, Music Instructor of the Academy, and business owner of "Music Time & More".
- "ABC Music & Me" is a class is perfect for the child who loves music.
- It supports early childhood development standards and requirements for "high quality programs" as defined by the National Institute for Early Education.
- For the older age group, this class aligns with pre-K national and state standards.
Children will experience in class:
- Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills.
- Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music help improve hand-eye coordination.
- Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions.
- Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech.
- Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative plays and taking turns.